About Me

My photo
Back Road Whispers is a fanciful name for just liking to travel the back roads of the world, wondering what whispers are lingering in the weathered buildings, rusty farm equipment and closed and boarded up businesses. I stop when I am able and “photograph the past for the future” so my grandchildren and their grandchildren will see what it was like back in the “good old days” of the 20th and early 21st century. Lately I have been exploring the world listening to whispers from palaces, castles, villages, and museums. The whispers need no interpretation.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Up the River - Cruising

The cruising photos are far out numbering the actual places we visited so this post is all about what I saw as we floated up the Hudson and Erie Canal with very very little yakking (your lucky day!)  Part 1 - there is more cruising ahead.


























My wonderful Shutterbug friends have posted fabulous, fantastic, stupendous photos of bald eagles throughout the years I have been hanging out with them. I have never ever seen one in the wild.  After retail therapy in Cooperstown, New York, Dan met me as I was getting back on board and told me to go to the other side of the ship there was an eagle waiting for me.  We had seen four more earlier in the day but as Brian (the onboard photographer) said, "you never tire of taking pictures of eagles".  He was right.




















The leaves were just starting to turn.

























There they are - the first eagles I ever saw in the wild.  They made my heart smile and my eyes drip a bit.



Stupid dog - spent way too long to see what had its attention in the water - it never moved even though the ship was getting closer and closer.  Time for an eye exam I think.


















Do you see the monster peering at you?


Hawk or juvenile eagle???



































































See you next time...listen for the whispers

1 comment:

  1. Going "up the river" with you was fun, Becci. I loved all the pictures but especially enjoyed seeing the Bald Eagles.

    ReplyDelete