About Me

My photo
Back Road Whispers is a fanciful name for just liking to travel the back roads of the world, wondering what whispers are lingering in the weathered buildings, rusty farm equipment and closed and boarded up businesses. I stop when I am able and “photograph the past for the future” so my grandchildren and their grandchildren will see what it was like back in the “good old days” of the 20th and early 21st century. Lately I have been exploring the world listening to whispers from palaces, castles, villages, and museums. The whispers need no interpretation.

Monday, April 30, 2012

DAISY SAYS HELLO






It happened again today, and as usual it came out of the blue, when I least expected it.  Daisy said hello.

Daisy lives at the Rainbow Bridge now, but for 14 years she filled our lives with joy, unconditional love and happiness only dog lovers can understand.  

Shortly after we had lost her, I was outside wandering around and being sad, missing her.  I went over to her garden we had built and there waving in the breeze was one perfect daisy.


I might have gone along with conventional wisdom that it was a coincidence had my mother not gotten into the picture.  I showed her the flower, told her that I had been thinking of Daisy and i would like to think it was a little "hello" from her.  Mom put on a big act of being affronted that Daisy hadn't sent her a daisy, grinning all the while.


The next day I went to check on my daisy and there beside it was another bloom saying "Hi, Grandma!"  My husband and son were away while all of this was going on.  When I went out to the driveway to meet them when they got home, I told them the story and pointed to the garden where my and my mother's blooms were....right next to two new ones.  


That was it for the daisies, no more popped up, but periodically, once or twice a year, in different places one will bloom to let me know that my Daisy still loves me and is waiting for me.  Today's bloom was hidden unless you were mowing, otherwise you didn't have any reason to be in that part of the yard.  Daisy was just saying hello.

Tonight when Marti curls up against me at bedtime, I will know it is not just one, but both of my baby girls snuggling with their mama.


Mandy's Upsa Daisy Mae









No comments:

Post a Comment